The infrastructure of any nation reflects its wellbeing and prosperity. India has enjoyed the Independent status for over 7 decades now, and our infrastructure still remains lagging behind for a nation that holds the “Developing” title.
The government of India, therefore, made provisions to improve the infrastructure in the country which would then lead to the overall development of the nation in various other sectors. One such provision made is known as the Bharat Nirman Yojana.
More about the Scheme
This scheme is overlooked by the Ministry of Rural Development and targets six main sectors of better infrastructure in rural areas:
- Irrigation – the scheme works towards ensuring additional land being brought under the irrigational uses.
- Roads – better roads open up the portals for better living and more convenient access to the amenities needed for survival
- Housing – the scheme aims at creating 60 lakh houses for the poor in the rural areas. Houses are aimed to be constructed under the Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana, all over the country.
- Water supply – just building houses would not be enough. It needs a steady source of water supply to lead to hygienic living.
- Electricity – in the modern era, much of life depends on electric appliances, which will not function without electricity
- Rural communication – telecommunication has changed the way humans interact. No distance is too far now, and it’s about time the urban areas connected with the rural areas too
With the Bharat Nirman Yojana, a newer face of India will emerge – one that’s glaring and pristine and well-connected – and at last, it would finally reflect our true ethos; the one our forefathers based the fundamentals of our nation on.